When I have no information, I get irrational. Seriously. I have such an active imagination that I freak myself out sometimes. Yesterday at work, one of my managers called me to tell me that my other manager will call me in the morning with a new assignment. Well, it didn't happen today. So I spent most of the day tinkering around on whatever I could think of. With all of my idle time, my mind wandered -- far. I thought, well, maybe he didn't call me because he's unhappy with my work and I shouldn't be put on another assignment. Then I began to think about how my employment is "at will" which basically means it can end at any time. And I do not want it to end! I love my job! And if it ended, I'd be out in the streets with nowhere to go. And then I considered other options: what if I had to interview with a thousand other companies? What if I just became a "stay-at-home" girl and got a part-time job? But I'm not even married or having children, so what would the purpose of staying at home be? Only out of fear to get back out in the job world, which is a lame fear. So I sit at work, my mind reeling, and then I stop and think...ERIN - YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!!! And I get back to tinkering around on small projects.
Le sigh.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Post post post
Posted by Erin at 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment