Monday, April 20, 2009

S'more Amor

This weekend's camping trip was seriously awesome. Aside from the amazing kayaking experience (ask me about that later) and the sweet campsite, the trip absolutely revolutionized s'mores as we know them! This was waaaay beyond hersheys + jet puff + honey maid.

Step 1: buy yourself some Roll-a-Roasters. They are TOTALLY worth it.
Step 2: bring along (a) resees peanutbutter cups and (b) bananas
Step 3: slit the bananas down the middle, but not completely through to the other side
Step 4: place broken pieces of chocolate aend marshmallows inside the banana
Step 5: wrap the banana in foil and set on the fire grate
Step 6: while the banana cooks, toast your perfect marshmallow, assisted with the thumb-rotating action of the roll-a-roaster
Step 7: put your reses peanutbutter cup on a graham cracker
Step 8: take the banana off the fire, and scoop out the gooey chocolatey-marshmallowy-bananay innards onto the graham cracker on top of the peanutbutter cup
Step 9: put your perfect marshmallow on top of the gooey banana mess
Step 10: top with graham cracker
Step 11: brace yourself for tasting HEAVEN

We decided that soon we're going to write a book on s'mores and then make a ton of money, quit our jobs, and spend our days sitting around campfires and dreaming about new reveloutionary s'mores. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Molly said...

wow

Tracie said...

Ooh, I made those at Girl Scout Camp (minus the reese's), and have DREAMED of them since then! I think once I put banana + Marshmallows + chocolate in the microwave... it was good, but not perfection.

Stephanie said...

I will DEFINITELY buy that s'more book!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting in class reading this, and I am almost in tears thinking about how beautiful this is. Maybe I will make some on the stove tonight.