I'm in a really weird mood. There are several things that I should be really happy about, but there are also crappy things. And since this is my blog, I am allowed to vent. You've been warned.
The Good:
(1) We found a house!! It's a 4 bedroom in a really cute neighborhood (Solano/Santa Fe) and is beautiful and big and we're excited. The rent is pretty good too. There are a few downsides - the lease only goes through June so we'll have to move (AGAIN) in ten months (can you tell that I HATE moving? Because I do...) and it's farther from bart (but then again, what place isn't farther? we struck gold with this one, if only our neighbors didn't drive us crazy). But we're really excited about bbqs and living off of solano and having our own house. Yay!
(2) I went on an awesome bike ride today through San Francisco with Evan and Kay and Co, and we rode across the Golden Gate Bridge and it was beautiful.
(3) Work has been really laid back, which is a welcome change.
(4) I've started playing golf again and I really love it. I'm super excited to play more.
(5) Our soccer team made playoffs! We didn't advance, though, but it was still fun to have a really good season. Season 3 starts next week, and I'm excited to keep playing.
(6) It was my friend Preston's last night working at Jupiter on Friday, and it was fun to go see him and visit for a bit.
The Bad:
(1) On my bike ride, this stupid tourist kid riding a segway backed up into me while I was on my bike. The dad yelled at the kid in some other language and I thought that was enough punishment because I was only a little scraped up but generally fine... until I realized later that he bent my wheel. I didn't notice until my bike started dragging a LOT. I took it to the bike shop, but they couldn't fix it. So $90 later, that makes today a very expensive bike ride.
(2) I have been really frustrated by this house hunting process, and while I am relieved that we have a place (signed the lease, given the deposit, etc.), I am still not entirely happy with the way that stuff has gone. People haven't been helpful, it's been really stressful, and it's going to be even more stressful as we figure out how to move out of our apartment and into the new house in time. Havah is optimistic though, so it's rubbing off a little bit... :)
(3) As a continuation of #2, I'm super overwhelmed with the thought of moving, especially since I'm going to be out of town on our move-in weekend...
So I guess that's more good than bad, which is...good. But yeah...like I learned from good ol' Maslow, a small thing can really throw off your whole pyramid. Oh well, I know it will all be fine.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Hm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment