Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Update

The lull is over, and the busy period has begun again.

This weekend was fun - quick recap:
--Friday night sleepover in Petaluma (aka "Luma" even though the locals thought we were crazy for calling it that) was awesome. McNears...interesting bar...funny funny night...really the best Luma has to offer? We'll see next time...
--Saturday outlet shopping trip was great. Got some good, cheap new clothes. I decided that losing weight and being more fit is both good and bad: good on the body of course, but bad on the wallet... but whatev, having clothes that fit well is important. It got me thinking a lot about the process and that I need to be really aware and careful and not get carried away..
--Sunday moving day! We rounded up some strong helpers and moved all of our big furniture over to the new house (beds, couches, bookshelves, etc). It took 1 u-haul trip and 2.5 hours, but everyone had a lot of fun. Especially with a trip to Gordo afterward! The lady who owns the house took a picture of us as we came inside:

(I'm not sure why the photo won't shrink to fit...oh well)

Sunday was also great because I played with my new soccer team, The Blue Notes. We started out playing half field, and I was relieved (because I haven't played full field before!) but then as more people showed up, we opened it up to the whole field...eek! It was /so/ fun though! The people were great and really friendly. We communicated pretty well, and did a good job of filling space so we could make good passes. They let me play striker and I scored 2 goals! (I was surprised too...) And after the game we went out for a beer and they asked me to join the team! I am super excited! They are the returning champs, so I'm sure I'll learn a lot from them. Plus, our jerseys are really cool :)

Now this week I am totally slammed at work, still packing and moving the rest of our apartment, and trying to squeeze in some golf time before I play my dad and brother this coming weekend (I /may/ have been bragging to them about my recent driving range skills and I need to back it up!).

Busy times are always stressful, but it will soon be over. Just gotta push through this week...

0 comments: