Friday, May 9, 2008

Grad is in the Air


Well, I turned in my last problem set, attended my last lecture, am studying for my last final, am working on my last paper, and am awaiting my graduation day.

But you know what? Yesterday, I attended a reception at the Chancellor's house - full circle from Freshman year when he opened his home to us bright-eyed freshies and offered us tasty taquitos. Well, after eating about 7 vegan taquitos and drinking way too many blueberry italian sodas, my moment came...the moment I'd been waiting for...speaking with Chancie B. Granted, he sat next to me at a football game one time sophomore year for about 10 minutes (PR stunt to the max) but this time was different. He came over to me, said "Hello Erin!" I almost passed out, thinking, "Could he possibly remember me from that football game? My mom DID send him a picture of us to keep in his office...", but then realized that I was wearing a name tag. So, I did what any star-struck soon-to-be-graduate would do, I asked him for a picture.

Yep, that's definitely his arm around me. Jealous?

2 comments:

Molly said...

I think the Chancellor should have to wear a name tag too. It would create solidarity with the students. Also, I hope you remembered to remove your name tag before walking back through campus. You wouldn't want to forget about it being on your jacket or something and wear it later that week when you take pictures with the Axe...not that I have experience with this sort of thing.

Stephanie said...

he's so cute...i love how you call him chancie b. and yes i'm jealous fasho