Thursday, June 5, 2008

A let down

I had grand aspirations for writing an incredible post rating all of the graduations that I went to over the course of GRAD WEEK 08!!! I went to SEVEN graduations...not a record...ahem Amanda S...but still a lot of sitting in that greek theater. But you know, my lappy broke, then I went away to Colorado for a week, and now I find myself back in Berkeley with no desire to write about happenings from 2 weeks ago that really aren't relevant. Sad, because I spent that whole week coming up with witty commentary about each ceremony (p.s. apparently the world needs English majors right now more than anything), and I just don't feel like pulling that out of my mind again. Alas.

What is relevant, you might ask? My endless apartment hunt. I wish I could find a decent place to live. All I ask for is an apartment with 2 bedrooms big enough for queen-sized beds, a good-sized living room, an area to put a kitchen table with 6 chairs, a kitchen larger than a closet, laundry on-site, and oh yeah, under 1700 a month... is that shooting for the moon? Apparently so. Sigh.

In other news, I love Berkeley for these reasons:

ADX Senior Girls

Pagan Festivals are held outside of Berkeley City Hall

Bay To Breakers is the greatest race in the world. We were the Neon Ninjas.

My beautiful best friend graduated and is off to Harvard. Yep, I know her.

We have the best IEOR department ever.

Now that I have no school and lots of free time, hopefully I'll post interesting things, and often :)

0 comments: