Monday, August 11, 2008

UPDATE

Hello world!

It's been a long time. So, what have I been up to in the past month?

I went to Monterey (see pictures)
I went to Big Sur(!)
I started work (more on that later)
I saw Papa Roach in concert (yay Tony!)
I went on a lot of bike rides
I made peach "leather"...or peach chips ;)
I am watching a lot of Olympics

Life is definitely different. As of July 28, I wake up every (week)day at 7:05 am. I leave my house at 7:45am. I get to work at 8:25am. I leave work at 5:30ish (I do my best to catch the 5:21 Richmond train), and I get home by 6. I either am (a) starving, (b) restless, or (c) wiped out. In the case of (a), I make dinner immediately. In the case of (b), I go on a bike ride...sitting down all day is lame. In the case of (c) I get changed immediately into comfy clothes, and either plop down on the couch or plop down on Chris' couch. Then at 10pm I pick out my outfit for the next day, and by 11 I am in bed, reading. I try to sleep by 11:30, but that varies by the day.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

But oh, the weekends! The glorious days when I get to sleep as late (yes, 1:30pm last weekend) as I want to, and just relax!! Fridays are even pretty sweet because we get to wear jeans and everyone is itching for the weekend.

Work is good. I really like the people that I am working with. They are all so nice. They are funny and I have a good time working with them. I haven't started any intense projects yet, so things can be a bit slow, but I've been filling my time with online training videos (w00t excel!) and other misc projects. I'm looking forward to going to Chicago next week for training. Mostly because when I get back I think I will be given a real project. So, in short, I like it so far. Having a job is still kind of weird, but I think as far as jobs go, this one is pretty sweet. :)

Now, my evenings are filled with the olympics. I love gymnastics, diving and sometimes swimming. But mostly, I wish I could go back to China.

Le sigh.

0 comments: