Yesterday, I started off this Lenten season with a really good conversation about faith. Conversations of that sort always end up without anything resolved, but with even more things to think about. Instead of being frustrated by a lack of resolution, I'm really glad for the conversation that I had, because lately I haven't been thinking about my faith at all. I was tired of thinking about it and not getting myself anywhere, and feeling around in the dark for anything that would satisfy me. "Going through the motions" is a behavior that we all experience, but I'd say that I have been living that to an extreme as of late. Almost living it in such a way as to trick myself into thinking that my behavior had meaning.
But this Lenten season, I don't want to do that any more.
I don't want to do things that don't make sense to me, or don't fulfill me in any way. I was asked a question that I didn't even know how to answer, a question that seems so simple: "What do you want?"
But when asked, I found myself without words. I searched my mind and my heart but couldn't find an answer, and that's what I want to focus on for Lent. I want to have the answer, and I want to be able to seek after that desire, once I discern it.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Ash Wednesday
Posted by Erin at 3:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Peace be with you, Erin.
make sure you are looking for what God wants for you, that is more important than what you want for you and might be different from that.
Post a Comment