Hi blog!
I'm sorry for rejecting you for so long. Truth be told, I have been keeping my personal lappy at work for use on a project, so I haven't had it at home to update my blog at the ready.
Ok updates...SOCCER! Last week our first game was...well, fun! We lost bigtime (11-0) and we all looked like first graders on a Saturday morning, but we still had a good time. This week, we scored TWO GOALS!! The final score was 9-2, so it's an improvement. We actually got people playing in somewhat legit positions, and we have better communication while on the field. I think we're going to keep getting better and better. I learned yesterday though that I really need to stretch out WELL before the game, because I definitely pulled something in the first 2 minutes of play time (that's right, I, Erin Palermo, am somehow a starter!!). Today I was practically limping around. Some highlights from the games: last week I had hand ball. I didn't even think about it and stuck out my arm to stop the ball. Awesome. This week, I got my shoe stuck in the fence! It was sad! Amanda was on the sidelines totally laughing at me (she came to be our cheerleader and made an awesome "Palatino Linotype" sign!). This week, one of the opposing team members kicked the ball right into my arm and the ref warned me about hand balls...but that was totally not my fault. WTF, ref?!
I also had my evaluation today at work. Stellar reviews! I am loving my job, even though I haven't been putting in nearly enough time as of late. I need to really crack down soon. But I was happy to get some substantial feedback on my work.
Tonight at bible study, Rachel made a king cake. It was so good! I didn't find the baby in my piece, though. But this Monday for FHE, we're doing a NOLA dinner, complete with beignets, jumbalaya, and collard greens! I am super excited.
Lent is almost upon us though...what are you doing? Giving something up? Adding something? I have a few ideas (more regular bible study, praying the rosary, etc.) but I really don't know what, if anything, to give up. Help!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Ideas wanted.
Posted by Erin at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I started to write a comment about your what to do for Lent question, but it's getting too long, and thus is turning into a post. So, check out my blog shortly...
i had the best king cake ever yesterday. seriously, i've had a lot of king cake since january, and this was amazing AND i got the baby.
Post a Comment