Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mortal Kombat

Since Tuesday night, the week has been a bit of a roller coaster -- sad sad lows and happy happy highs.

For the lows:
I dusted off my rose petal rosary beads and prayed constantly. Though I admit that I have a hazy memory of which mysteries go on which days, so I stuck with the sorrowful mysteries - I figured those were appropriate.

I missed seeing L'aurelei last night, but enjoyed speaking with her for a while. She comes back to town next weekend and to celebrate/cheer her up, there will be deep-fried oreos for all (her specialty!). Let me know if you want in.

Amanda and I were talking about the whole situation tonight, and how it's just not fair. Yes, I know that "life is not fair," etc etc etc but seriously -- how much crap can one person take?! Today would have been her mom's birthday, too. My heart just hurts for her.

For the highs:
My friend has been throwing out a lot of trash talk lately about Mortal Kombat. I don't care what he thinks, I can totally beat him. So we went to the basement of Unit 1 last night to play. But then of course, because I'm the girl with the worst memory ever, the game was not only broken, but NOT Mortal Kombat... stupid Street Fighter II. So instead, I showed him around campus, hitting only the most important points: the ghost of Jimi Hendrix, my face on the 'wall of fame', the smallest bear on campus, and Abe Lincoln's bust. Then we went to Indian Rock, which
(even though I felt kind of cheesy taking him there) was really cool at night. It was really too bad that the sky was cloudy; it's been far too long since I've seen the stars.

...Post-sleepy stick, I remembered that I can still be cathartic, but in html!...

1 comments:

Jess said...

fried oreos ROCK. I took care of the junk food the night Laurelei was here-- there were cheese fries and dinosaur chicken nuggets. Que Bueno cheese sauce is the best. Really the best.