Sunday, January 25, 2009

Balance?

It's 10:57, and I'm not at church. That wouldn't normally be a problem because I could have gone to the 9:30am, 11am or 5pm mass earlier today, but I didn't. I had to work today through all of those other masses, which means the 10pm is my last option. But I'm tired, Newman is kind of far away, L'aurelei didn't feel like going, and other whiny excuses. So...great.

Balance is something that I am struggling with right now. Work is totally kicking my butt - as soon as one thing finishes, two more things get added. But even if I work a ton, I still want to hang out with my friends. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, no? And play we do. So work, play...sleep? Not much. And then I stay home from church tonight because I foolishly convince myself that I'm going to go to bed early. Yet here I am.

I keep hoping that this work madness is a phase. One project is finished tomorrow, and then perhaps my 12hr days are over? I hope so. I need to be able to make it home for our monday night "family home evening" that I so rudely missed last week to go to DC.

Anyway, posting about work is not interesting, but it's what's dominating my thoughts, so that's what you get.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hey love! Will be praying for you and work. :)

Unknown said...

Why is balance so challenging? Story of my life... I feel you. You're in my prayers.

FHE?! Ha ha, I know Fresno has a lot of LDSs, but, wow. Do you girls do a devotional together on Monday nights, then? Because, that sounds an awful lot like ADX, too.