Wow this week has taken an awesome turn. My projects have slowed down (thank you all who were praying for me!) and these past two days have been a nice mix of busy and chill at work. A constant stream of work is always nicer than feeling incredibly pressured. Plus, it's birthday week at work (Amul's today, Liza's on Thurs, and mine on Saturday) which puts everyone into a happy mood. Because really, when you think about it, celebrating birthdays is like celebrating your survival of another year -- "Congrats on not dying!!" And what a reason to celebrate!
Tonight I had a fun time hanging out with friends at One Market. Maybe it comes with the territory of our jobs, but it's fun to go after work and get a beer* and just laugh. Tomorrow I'm going to Yoshi's to see the Cuban Jazz "All-Stars." I'm really excited! Though, word is that the show could feature some weird fusion music...but in a good way?
Random trivia from the day: This morning, Amanda and Havah and I were waiting for BART and discussing the possibility of eyeballs freezing in cold weather. I mean, think about it -- you have a layer of tear over your eye...that could totally freeze! And then, without provocation, at lunch, my coworkers Claire and Eric started talking about cold winters in New England and about times when their eyeballs froze shut when they blinked! WEIRD. It could happen to you.
And now, a song:
Oh, it’s plain to see
Oh, it’s you and me and the Devil makes three
Don’t get stuck, somewhere in the middle
You payed all your dues and you’re not on second fiddle
Don’t say luck is something like a riddle
You payed for your place in this world: Attagirl!
*Especially when said beer is earned just by reading a blog! ;)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Somewhere in the middle
Posted by Erin at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I keep worrying about whether my contact lenses could freeze to my eyeballs. *shudders*
Post a Comment