Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving - the time to be thankful for all of the wonderful things in my life:

  • My roommates - they are seriously the greatest. Thank you for the company while we watch tv, cook dinner, stress out about being adults, and battle ant invasions. I am so lucky to live with the three of you.
  • My family - they want the best for me no matter what. I often don't appreciate them enough. Thank you for loving me, even when I don't deserve it.
  • Tracie - I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you more than words can express. Come back to California asap.
  • Sparsha - Maybe I'll join you at Harvard one day, but until then, I love you so much. Thank you for all of your prayers and encouraging talks. And thank you for all of the times that you've made me smile.
  • Brian Loo - you always make me laugh, and you care about me so much. I am so glad that we met our freshman year; I could not have survived college without you.
  • Charlotte - Always down for an adventure, always ready for tea and a chat. I am grateful for your spirit of love and kindness. And now that you have a kitten, I love you even more :)
  • My ADX sisters - I truly found a home with you girls. Thank you for encouraging my spiritual growth and for all of your prayers. But most importantly, thank you for your love and for our friendship. And come back to California (you know who you are).
  • Chris - Thank you for challenging me, for growing with me, and for being the ultimate teammate. I appreciate you and our friendship so much.
  • Tom and JoAnne - Thank you for making me feel so welcome in your family; I am grateful for having been part of that. You are both such wonderful, loving people.
  • Asmita - Thank you for our daily conversations. I truly look forward to them.
  • Zach - Thank you for always making me smile. I am so grateful for the friendship that we've held for all of these years.
  • Kramer - You've been there for me through absolutely everything. Thanks for getting to know your friend's little sister.
  • Heather - to one of my oldest and dearest friends, I love you. Thank you for our many late night conversations, for stressing out with me, for crying with me, for complaining with me, and for just being there through absolutely everything.
  • My coworkers - I am so grateful to have a job that I love coming to every day. You make it such a pleasure. Thank you for the friendships we have developed so far.
  • Luke and Leia - I love you kitties so much. I am grateful for having had the opportunity to help raise you.
  • Maddy - Thank you for sleeping on my pillow every time I come home to visit. You make me feel very loved.
  • Ruby - Thank you for letting me paint your nails, and for running excitedly down the hallway when I come home. You are a great dog.
  • BART - I am grateful for living so close to BART and for it's awesome ability to take me everywhere I need to go.
  • Heroes - Thank you for giving me something to look forward to every Monday night.
  • The Guys of Redux - Thank you for hosting Heroes parties and for letting me hang out in the channel where you post interesting things. But mostly, thank you for your friendship - especially Prateek and Max.
  • God - last but certainly not least, thank you for never leaving me.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. What are YOU thankful for?

1 comments:

Tracie said...

OH, so many things to be thankful for!
Thanksgiving starts here in about 9 minutes, and though I haven't though as in depth on the things that I'm thankful for, I like to think that I find time almost every day to think of such things. It's what Oprah says to do, and, interestingly enough, is also the advice that one of the Jesuits here gave to the students at the law school recently.
Funny, the word verification to allow me to post this comment is "rellogib," which happens to include my code name for a crush in high school, "rello." It also has a semblance to religion... kinda...
Anyway, you are most certainly one of the parts in my life for which I am most thankful. I can't imagine how life could be without you; you're such an important person to me. Plus, I like the fact that you're smart, because it means that I can ask you to solve the riddles that are taxing my classmates :)