I definitely don't call my friends enough. It's hard when some people are in different time zones and I get off late from work. But I make a lot of excuses. It was really easy when I lived with all of my friends, and I got to see them every day. Tonight, I called Amanda S because I didn't remember how to hard boil an egg. She came to my rescue :) Is that a stupid reason to call someone? I usually think there is a lot of effort in calling friends. You need to spend at least 30 minutes catching up because it's been so long since last you talked. It's really a vicious cycle. But you know, even though I had a brief conversation with Amanda, it was nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i think its ok to call and not expect a long drawn out conversation. sometimes its just nice to hear the other persons voice, even if only for a minute.
even if you call someone while she is sleeping and you wake her up to tell her you just saw HSM3, its ok because talking to friends is way more important than sleeping
It's hard, because I always feel like I need a reason to call someone (like how to hard boil an egg). I think this is part of my love for postcards--there's only so much space on the card, and it is understood that the card is for fun, not for some reason. But, now that I know you feel the same way, maybe I'll just start calling people and telling them that I miss them.
Is commenting on a friend's blog isomorphic to calling them?
Probably not, but it shows that you care to tell them that you're thinking of them.
BTW, my Les Closeters trait was confirmed this past weekend by someone who had no prior knowledge to this trait. Call me, and you can get the story! It'll give you an excuse ;)
Post a Comment