Sunday, November 9, 2008

Whirlwind weekend

I totally fail at NaBloPoMo -- no post on Friday OR Saturday! That's what I get for going away for the weekend. Sorry, loyal readers.

This weekend was a nice trip home. Chris, Amanda, Havah and Jason joined me to go home to Clovis. We went wine tasting in Madera (next to Fresno), and then watched the Cal v. USC game at my parents' house. (Let's not talk about the game, ok?) My dad bbqed halibut and tri-tip, and Havah's little brother Peter even came to eat with us and watch the game. It was all fun and relaxing. We also played Mexican Train, because really, it wouldn't have been a trip home without a game of dominoes! :) We even got a pumpkin this morning so that we can roast some seeds...there are no pumpkins in El Cerrito after Halloween.

What was nice about the weekend is the context it gave my roommates about where I grew up. It is fun to see people's houses with their baby pictures on their walls and their pets running around and their parents in their element. It got us all talking about the next trips we should take: Amanda's house in Orcutt + Hearst Castle; Chris' house in Santa Cruz + the Boardwalk...and no one wants to go to California City ;)

The only thing about going away for the weekend is how fast the weekend goes by. It is already Sunday afternoon, and I can't believe it. Time to laze around for the rest of the day :)

3 comments:

cinr said...

how about a visit to Rancho to see Stephanie and Cindy in their natural habitat. kill two birds with one stone.
i loved mexican train!

Jess said...

mexican train is such a mom and dad thing-- how fun! Also, halibut? now that's something just particular to your family i think...

Tracie said...

Halibut definitely makes me think of your papa.

It's ok that you're failing at NaBloPoMo... as long as you keep trying. I like the updates! I check religiously.
<3 forevereeeeeeeee