Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Pretty Good Day

Today was a pretty good day.

My roommates and I spent the whole day together. We woke up obscenely early (7:30am!!) to go to some warehouse sales in South San Francisco for some super cheap bedding + holiday decor. It was a very successful morning. We were home by 12:30, and had visited 4 warehouses (including Costco...). I purchased some material to make curtains for my room, and spent some time making and hanging them this afternoon. Hopefully they will help keep the heat from escaping this winter.

Two sad things happened this afternoon: Cal lost to Oregon State, and my pi plate broke. We were sitting watching the end of the game, and eating chocolate cake, when I got up to get a drinking glass from our dish cupboard. I got a glass, closed the cupboard door and walked away, and a few seconds later, a THUNDEROUS crash happened! The top shelf of our dish cupboard broke off of the wall, and sent a bunch of our dishes falling - breaking many into tiny pieces. Including my pi plate.

I love that plate - not only do I love pi, but I love that Chris' parents gave it to me. Given the circumstances, I cried over losing the pi plate. But then asked Chris' dad where I could find another, and ordered it online tonight.

Later, my roommates and I took advantage of ADX being on Devo Retreat this weekend to pay the house a little visit, and leave about 4500 dixie cups in the fireplace room :) It was a really spontaneous idea, and turned out to be a lot of fun! Virginia and Carrie joined us, too. It was a fun alumnae prank.

Then we finished off the day by playing Cranium at our apartment. I love that game, and was really excited when I learned that Jason and Stephanie love to play it, too.

Lots of roommate time + crafts + pranks + cranium = a pretty good day.

Thank you to all of you for your love.

2 comments:

Jess said...

yeah, we appreciated the prank...

Unknown said...

YESSSSS! I just saw the photos that Jess posted. Phenomenal work, alumnae! That was possibly more epic than the AGO dixie cup prank that we... um, heard about.