Pi Day yesterday was great! We had SO MUCH pie!!! Tony and I made an apple pie that was pretty delicious, and looked really good in my Pi Plate. A lot of my coworkers came over, which was really cool. It's nice to spend time with them in a different environment - especially one where we eat delicious food and play trivial pursuit!
Evan and Kay came for a bit, too, and it was good to talk to them about their wedding cake. Oh...did I tell you? I'm making their wedding cake. And, yes, I volunteered. Let's let that sink in for a minute.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok. No big deal, right? Well, the wedding that was supposed to be about 40 guests has now turned out to be 140 guests. Commence freaking out.
But thankfully, I have two amazing sous-chefs lined up: Tony and Claire. They are both really excited about helping me out, and I am very grateful that they are so willing! This will make it a lot easier. Evan and Kay want a chocolate cake with some type of berries. I have a couple of different recipes in mind, so I need to start practicing. Hardcore practicing. If any one who reads this still lives in the Bay Area and wants some test-wedding cake, just let me know. I'd be happy to give you lots and lots of cake.
I don't yet know what I'm going to do for the presentation, though. Maybe I'll make a tiered cake. That would look beautiful, but I don't really know if I could pull that off. Plus, according to this guide, that would be a BIG layer cake. I'm also thinking of just making 3 different cakes. And no, I'm not going to use fondant. At least not at this point. I don't even like fondant, and it intimidates me. Making a cake for 140 people is intimidating enough, thank you!
Enough of this wedding cake fear, now I'm just procrastinating on work. My project wraps up this week, which means that this week could very well be crazy busy. I need to buckle down a whole lot. But maybe I'll have company in doing so? Or maybe that would be distracting... but we generally work well when we actually need to.
Oh! Soccer is going well...kind of. I'm having a lot of fun, but our team STILL is not winning. :( It is quite sad. We've been playing better and better and we just can't win. Ugh. We had our best game ever last week, and we lost by one goal. But we really should have won. Here is a picture of Team Palatino Linotype. We are amazing. And maybe we'll win this week...
Amanda made us that beautiful sign - and yes, it is typed in Palatino Linotype!!
So aside from wedding cake stress, and how busy work is, life is so good. So good. I'm only a little jealous of all of you who have spring break. The working world means no spring break...unless you somehow manage to get put on a project that sends you to Miami for a week. So for my student friends out there, have great spring breaks. I know you tried to call me, but you forgot. So please try to remember to bring me some shells or some sand. And also to go tandem parasailing!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Posted by Erin at 6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe you're making a wedding cake.You never cease to amaze me Erin :)
i love teen girl squad, thank you for reminding me of that
Post a Comment