Monday, March 23, 2009

Vive la France

Tonight was German night at FHE, but we had Frenchmen over for dinner. Yep, legit Frenchmen! Three of them! I almost lost it when they came in the door and kissed us all twice on our cheeks with their ridiculous "'Ello, I em Ehleksee" accents (or in english - Hello, I am Alexi). I seriously had to leave the kitchen to go laugh. It was amazing!

They emparted some of their awesome French terminology (DDs are called "Party Captains!" We're TOTALLY stealing that from them!) and we introduced them to "The ______ Stick." They definitely took the stick and ran with it (think Gay stick, Erection Stick, etc...) but it was hilarious.

They also made us repeat to them the word "Chicago" several times because they couldn't get enough. We made them say San Francisco and had a heck of a time explaining our perception of suburbs.

Frenchmen are awesome! I didn't speak any French with them, though, because I was still having a hard time not laughing at everything they said ;) But Amanda and I are taking them out to a true SF happy hour on Wednesday...I'll try out some French speak with them then.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. :-) How did you meet them?

Molly said...

I have the same question as Amanda. Where are you finding random Frenchmen? Your roommie dinners are awesome!

Erin said...

Amanda's sister is studying abroad in Paris and met a French boyfriend ;) He's here for the week to go to a conference for work, so he came over for dinner with two of his coworkers.

It wuz, uh, how you zay, ehmazing!